European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures
Find events related to Research Infrastructures in Europe and globally.
- Home > Big Science Business Forum 2018
Big Science Business Forum 2018
Big Science Business Forum 2018 will be the first one-stop-shop for European companies and other stakeholders to learn about Europe’s Big Science organisations’ future investments and procurements worth billions of euros. The forum will offer your business the chance to:
Learn about business opportunities in the coming years, within a wide range of business areas.
Meet representatives from Europe’s Big Science organisations and their key suppliers.
Network and establish long lasting partnerships via business-to-business meetings (B2B), business-to-customer meetings (B2C) and in the open exhibition area.
Get insight into procurement rules, IPR, technology transfer and how businesses can interplay with the Big Science market.
Big Science as a business area – 16 parallel sessions
BSBF2018 will address 16 topics of Big Science as a business area. Extensive parallel sessions will focus on Big Science investments in the coming years in the following areas:
- A1 Procurement, IPR and standards
- A2 Remote handling systems
- A3 Cryogenic technology
- A4 Affiliated Big Science organisations I (TBC)
- B1 Technology transfer
- B2 Superconductivity and superconducting magnets
- B3 Safety systems, licensing and protection of hazardous installations, access control, fire and gas detection
- B4 Affiliated Big Science organisations II (TBC)
- C1 Electrical, electronics, electromechanical and RF systems
- C2 High precision and large mechanical components – manufacturing and assembly
- C3 Instrumentation and Control and CODAC
- C4 Engineering methodologies and tools
- D1 Diagnostics, detectors and instruments
- D2 Vacuum and leak detection technologies
- D3 Basic material technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques
- D4 Information and Communication Technologies
The investment potential of Europe’s Big Science market – plenary session I
In the program’s pleanary session I, delegates have a unique opportunity to get to know the investment potential of Europe’s Big Science market when high level speakers from the nine organising Big Science organisations will present their individual organisations. See the list of prominent speakers in the program overview.
Best practices of the Big Science market – plenary session II
In plenary session II, delegates will get to know the best practices there is on the Big Science market when prime contractors, SMEs and Industry Liaison Officers participate in a roundtable discussion. Read more about Plenary session II: Big Science as a market.
Still not convinced of why you need to participate?
Then read why other companies have chosen to sign up. Read their motivation for participation here.