European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures
The latest news and highlights on the world of Research Infrastructures in Europe.
- Home > Call for expressions of interest: Affiliated Big Science Organisations at BSBF2018
Call for expressions of interest: Affiliated Big Science Organisations at BSBF2018
In order to strengthen the concept of Big Science as a market place, the organisers of Big Science Business Forum 2018 hereby call for expressions of interest to become a BSBF2018 Affiliated Big Science Organisation. This gives European and large national Big Science organisations that procure European-wide or internationally a unique opportunity to be a part of Europe’s new one-stop-shop for companies and stakeholders on the Big Science market.
Download the Call for expressions of interest
Read the full story at the BSBF2018 website
On 26-28 February 2018, the first Big Science Business Forum (BSBF2018) will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark. BSBF2018 will be the first one-stop-shop for European businesses and other stakeholders to learn about future investments and procurements from Europe’s Big Science organisations. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about business opportunities in the coming years, within a wide range of technical business areas.
- Meet representatives from Europe’s Big Science organisations and their key suppliers.
- Network and establish long lasting partnerships via business-to-business meetings (B2B), business-to-customer meetings (B2C) and in the open exhibition area.
- Get insight into procurement rules, IPR, technology transfer and how businesses can interplay with the Big Science market.
A total of 1000 participants are expected to participate, the majority being from European businesses and organisations planning to engage on the Big Science market. Delegates are expected to be CEO’s, Heads of R&D, Head of Procurements, Business Developers, and other staff involved in sales and collaboration with research infrastructures and high tech industry.
BSBF2018 is hosted by the Danish Ministry for Science and Higher Education and BigScience.dk – the Danish Industry Liaison Officer organisation. The business forum is organised in a partnership with the following European Big Science organisations: European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), European Space Agency (ESA), European Southern Observatory (ESO), The European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), European Spallation Source (ESS), European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser (European XFEL), Fusion for Energy (F4E) and Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL).