Save the Date: KE-ERA study Online Workshop
The European Commission organizes the online workshop on “Strengthening research careers: a focus on competences, balanced talent circulation and intersectoral mobility” on the 12th of September 2022.
This workshop will present the main findings and outcomes from the study ‘Knowledge Ecosystem in the new ERA’ (KE-ERA) on the competence framework for researchers (morning session, including the potential uses and applications of the framework) and on balanced talent circulation (afternoon session, including issues of geographical brain drain and intersectoral mobility). Illustrations of cases will be presented for each of the topics, and future pathways for action will be discussed.
1.Morning session (9:30 – 12:30 CET)
“ResearchComp: A competence-based approach for sustainable research career"
- ResearchComp, the new EU competence framework for researchers: presentation of the framework, methodology and potential applications, including the presentation of use cases.
- The new version of the European Skills/Competences, Qualifications and Occupations (ESCO) and its implications for research careers.
- Debate: How to foster the uptake of ResearchComp: the European dimension?
2. Afternoon session (13:30 – 16:00 CET)
“Intersectoral and international mobility: Pathways for balanced talent circulation in the EU”
- Brain drain: solutions and barriers to a balanced international talent circulation. Presentation of main findings from the Knowledge Ecosystems in the New ERA study and presentation of cases.
- Intersectoral mobility: challenges and solutions. Presentation of main findings of the abovementioned study and of interesting cases.
- Debate: How to improve a balanced intersectoral and international talent circulation in the EU?
Participants can attend either one of the sessions, or both.
Interested in joining this workshop? You are invited to save the date for now, the programme and link to register will follow a few weeks before the workshop.